Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Stranger from Home Just Feels Like an Old Friend

So my friend from GV gave me info of a friend from Michigan who is also here in Vienna.  We’d been playing email-tag for the past month but I finally got to meet her today and it was lovely!  We sat down in an adorable cafe that sold more than just cafe food (I got a veggie burger that came with delicious fries) and I spent my lunch break talking with another young, musical Michigander, which is a nice change after being around coworkers every day with kids of their own who are my same age.  (Don’t get me wrong—I have been blessed with the nicest coworkers one could ever ask for—but I’m still a college kid and I need my share of college conversation.)  And coming from Michigan, we knew exactly what the other was talking about when our discussion led to the “Outside Museum,” a little old-style village just outside the city of Graz, and was compared to an Austrian version of Greenfield Village!

My lunch break was over way too quickly, so I’m looking forward to meeting up with this new friend of mine in the future—my original plan was to take her to Zentralfriedhof, the central cemetery of Vienna where all the most famous musicians are buried!  Perhaps that shall be our next get-together if we have a not-so-rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment