Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

EEEEEEK!!! x 4

1.)  The BIG project I’ve been waiting for has finally revealed itself to me at the weekly staff meeting—and this project’s all mine!

2.)  I finished a paper today that will actually be read by some pretty high people, and I’m working on another one.  My geeky excitement is pretty much equal to as if the President himself were to read the paper I drafted.  NERD.  I know.  But how many of you are writing papers that will pass through the hands of people in high places?  Yeah, that’s what I thought.

3.)  Tomorrow is a conference that goes all day—I love events, especially when free food is included, plus I get to sleep in.

3.)  After work on Friday, I have my first legit Arabic class!  Oh, how I’ve missed Arabic and classes—and I mean, really, how I’ve missed them—what I thought was a sore throat yesterday (the day after my trial lesson) I now think is actually my throat getting reacquainted with the muscles that make those sounds we English-speakers don’t use, which I haven’t used since class last semester.

4.)  After Arabic class, Shannon and I are going to a part-ay!  With real American burgers!  Downside: it’s 80’s-themed and my closet here is business casual, not crazy casual… I’ve got to come up with something fast…

No comments:

Post a Comment