Blah. Even for the exceptionally beautiful weather we had today, the day was kind of blah. I don’t feel like I had a very accomplished workday, but maybe the little things I did here and there will turn out to be the last pieces necessary to turn out the end results of some very big projects next week…who knows? Still, I’d like to feel as accomplished every day as I did most every day last week.
My roommate was in the area (she works on the other side of town) so we went out to lunch—or rather stayed in and ate in the little restaurant in the basement, and to be honest I was a bit bummed because it was such a beautiful day outside—I wore a skirt today and everything.
So I was in the office the entire day, and at about 4:00 this afternoon, I decided that I would make up my lack of soaking up the sunshine with an icecream from the park near my house, because I haven’t tried the icecream yet. My roommate had different plans, however (I don’t blame her), and we took a detour to find her some medicine because she is sick. Only I realized too late that whatever she had in mind we couldn’t just find at Merkur or Bipa, we needed to go to an Apotheke and by that time, they were closed. Where’s a 24 hour Walgreens or CVS when you need one? So we went home stuffy-nosed and icecream-hungry. I was bummed again that day, to say the least.
On a brighter note, when I got home from work, one of my best buddies from home was on Skype which is always a pleasure. Oh, and I made a call to my hometown and got my absentee ballot thing all straightened out (hopefully…we shall see…). Also, at least on our walk back up the hill, Shannon agreed to sit out on a park bench with me overlooking part of the city and even though the stars weren’t really out yet, the huge chateau off in the distance and the remains of a castle (Leopoldsburg, I’m thinking)were lit up, which was a pretty sweet sight you don’t see every night in the US.
I hope the weather this weekend will be just as lovely, and that the fabulousness of the day will be 10 times more amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment