I always knew I would be back here someday--I just didn't realize that it would be so soon! Although Vienna does not even compare to my lovely second-hometown of Graz, I recognize the same stores, the same customs, and (thank goodness) the same language. Even in the first minutes of ascending out of the underground airport tram and onto the twisty streets of Vienna, I knew that learning my way around Austria's capital city would not be a piece of cake. Still, I have three months yet to learn my way around and I know I'll start becoming familiar with tram lines and landmarks real soon.
Speaking of, I am going to explore one of the three bus routes that stop by my apartment, in the hope that it will take me to the train station where I planned to meet my old friend Hannah, who is coming in from Graz. I'm only going to see her off to the airport, but it's going to be a nice little reunion and I hope that I don't have any trouble finding my way to where we said we were going to meet up. After that, well I don't know what, because most all the stores are closed seeing that it's Sunday but it's a beautiful clear, sunny day so maybe I'll just take a walk around Schönbrunn Palace and the other parks or become familiar with more of the tram lines. I'll let you know how my first few adventures go when I get back!
Tchüss!
~Aubrey
No comments:
Post a Comment