Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Aubrey's First Adventures

So, if it's possible for an adventure to be a partial success, well then, that is what my adventure was this afternoon.  I found the train station where I was supposed to meet my friend and missed her by, oh, a minute?  Figures... it's incredible how difficult it is to function in modern society these days without posessing the full array of technology.  If only I could have found a payphone that actually worked to let her know I was there!!  Ah, well, I will see her soon enough next weekend if I have any more luck getting myself to my class reunion.

On the otherhand, because I had plenty of freetime with noone to meet anymore, I took my good sweet time exploring this huge, GIGANTIC city and I've discovered that my apartment is in an absolutely perfect location.  I am about 15 minutes away from work and only need to take one bus to get there, and if I take another bus going in the opposite direction from my house, I'm only about 15 minutes from... hold your breath... Schönbrunn Palace!!!  Ah-mazing!  And there are only about two dozen parks between both of these personally-popular destinations so I hope it stays nice for a few weeks longer so I can enjoy them to their fullest (the closest one includes a doggy-park!).  And the best thing that I've discovered on my adventure today is that the language school I found on Google Maps where I can take some Arabic classes is just 2 bus stops and a block away from work on my way home!  So immediately after work, I am stopping there on my way home. 

Everything seems to be falling into place perfectly--tomorrow will be my first day at work and I will learn what's in store for me for the next 3 months--I can't wait to find out!

___________

(Entschuldigung wenn es 1.000 Fehler gibt aber ich glaube, dass es sehr gut Übung ist, wenn ich manchmal auch auf Deutsch schriebe.)

Also, heute fühle ich mich viels besser als gestern; ich habe den ganzen Nacht geschlafen (nicht um 2 Uhr gewacht wie meinem ersten Tag hier) und heute hab ich so viel von Wien gesehen!  Ich habe alle die alte Lebensmittelgeschäfte und andere Gebäude, der ich von meinem Lieblingsstadt des Graz, erkenne und ich habe jetzt nur MediaMarkt und Saturn zu finden!  Sehr beruhigend... 

Und dann später heute hat die Caro mich angerufen zu über unser Klassentreffen reden.  Ich hoffe, dass alles klappt wird... wir werden sehen, ich nehme an...

Mehr Morgen!  Bis dann!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment