Let’s see… how about I start off with this weekend? Well, the weather was great on Saturday, so first thing in the morning I put on my jogging stuff and went for a little run around the large park down the street. Even though the sun was still working its way on peeking through the trees, the temperatures were absolutely fabulous so even after I was all tired out, I just sat on a park bench and watched the ducks fooling around in the pond. Got back to the apartment and Shannon was still asleep, so I made a batch of Austrian-knock-off chocolate-chip muffins and they were a good treat. Once Shannon was up and ready, we headed down to Mariahilferstrasse where I all the best shopping stores are at. She settled on a dress, and I found a headband that’ll match my blue dress perfectly—so excited! Then we went to Coffee Day because it was like 3:30 and we hadn’t had any lunch so we both got CD’s amazing veggie burgers+fries… I swear, the two of us are in the mood for that meal every day.
In fact, Shannon came to intern in my office today and for lunch, we tried the Coffee Day closer to where I work but they didn’t have hot meals and we were sad. :-( So we went to Anker afterwards and I convinced her to get my favorite Shokovanille pastry but I tried this huge apple-cake stuff and it was delicious, too. Plus, the company was lovely—the two of us fit in some really good (and necessary) roommate bonding/talking time. Still trying to decide if I should go to Graz this weekend just to get away from the little bit of drama that’s going on over here—every time I think about it, the thought of going makes me happier—but I’m going in 2 weeks anyway. We’ll see.
Anyways… to finish off the weekend, Sunday was a totally cold, wet, and lazy day, but that’s what I needed so that I could work up on my Arabic homework and write a letter or two home. Arabic class went totally great today, by the way. I know it’s going to take lots and lots of work to conquer the language, but my professor says that I can do it and at every class I learn something new and I get excited about it, not more intimidated, so that’s good I guess. And I was able to tell him all about how great my day was, which made my day even better! A big part of it: my big personal project is finally rolling along—someone got back to me and I’ve got a meeting with him next weekend! So stoked!
What a super day—and it’s not even over yet! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment